2 dead and several others gunned down in a terrorist attack in Tel Aviv, Israel

The patients were in critical or serious condition, authorities said.

Two people were shot dead and several others were injured in a terror attack in Tel Aviv, Israel on Thursday night, authorities said.

At least nine people were shot in the attack, with the victims taken to Ichilov, Sheba Tel Hashomer and Wolfson hospitals, according to Magen David Adom, Israel’s national emergency medical service. Two men, “about 30 years old”, were pronounced dead at Ichilov Hospital.

Three people in serious condition – a 20-year-old man, a 28-year-old woman and a 38-year-old man – were being treated for serious injuries, according to the medical service. Four other people were being treated for minor injuries.

Several other people at the scene were being treated for “stress symptoms”, according to the Magen David Adom.

One shooter was not apprehended. Israeli police said they were looking for a single suspect.

Officials said “several” shootings took place on Dizengoff Street, Gordon Street and around Tel Aviv. Dizengoff Street is a main street that runs through Tel Aviv and has many shops, bars and restaurants and would have been very busy on a Thursday night.

“It was a very difficult night,” Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett said. wrote on Twitter. “I send my condolences to the families of those who were murdered, and I pray for the full recovery of those injured. Security forces are in pursuit of the terrorist who carried out the murderous rampage tonight in Tel Aviv. is the terrorist, we And all those who have helped him indirectly or directly – will pay the price.

Thursday’s attack is one of several recent terrorist attacks in Israel. There were three deadly terrorist attacks in late March. On March 30, five people were shot dead in Bnei Brak, east of Tel Aviv, by a man on a motorbike who was later killed by police. One of the victims was a police officer, according to Magen David Adom.

Two days earlier, on March 28, two police officers had been shot dead and four others injured in an attack. Then, a week earlier, four people were killed in a stabbing attack in the southern Israeli city of Beersheba. The suspect was shot dead.

Islamic State claimed most of the attacks.

“Americans mourn, once again, with the people of Israel over yet another deadly terrorist attack, which claimed the lives of two innocent victims and injured many others in Tel Aviv,” the statement said. US Secretary of State Antony Blinken in a statement. “Our hearts go out to the families and other loved ones of those killed, and we wish a speedy recovery to those injured. We are closely monitoring developments and will continue to be in regular contact with our Israeli partners, with whom we are resolutely united. the face of senseless terrorism and violence.”

“Horrified to see another cowardly terrorist attack against innocent civilians, this time in Tel Aviv,” US Ambassador to Israel Tom Nides said. wrote on Twitter. “Pray for peace and offer condolences to the victims and their families. This must stop!”

Jason Volack, Christine Theodorou and Bruno Nota of ABC News contributed to this report.

Comments are closed.